Monday, February 26, 2007

"Active Rest"

Today was decent. Nice weather, boring atmosphere. I'm nearly done with reading Fellowship of the Ring for nearly the second time. I understand it a lot more the second time around. There is quite a bit of old english in it. The old testament in the NKJ Bible has helped me in that area as well. Tolkien, for me, sometimes goes into too much detail describing surroundings, designs, etc. It gets a bit confusing and at times exhausting. But I've caught on a little better. It has definitely stretched my mind.

I got the book "Grace Walk" by Steve McVey today. I'm very excited to read and apply it.


I'm in kind of an iffy mood today. I don't feel much like talking. I'm trying to learn to trust God and let Him deal with me. It's difficult and a little scary to surrender yourself, try not to try and let the Lord change you Himself. I know I can't do it. The most I can make it is a few days and then I'm weary, angry, irritable, frustrated and exhausted. So I know trying isn't the key to living the life God would have me live. I need to die and He needs to live. "He must increase and I must decrease."

I'm learning Jesus isn't only the Savior from hell, but also from the power and dominion of sin. It's the Son who makes us free. You would think this obvious to believers, but we are still walking around, bearing the burden of sin ourselves and then telling non-believers that "The Christian life is a life of peace and contentment."

Jesus said "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."


Resting sounds easier than working. That is so far from the truth. Resting, it would seem, is the simplest of simple. I beg to differ.

No comments: