Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grace and Truth

You know, I want to be free from this attitude of pride. Pride that I understand more about God than other Christians because they don't see Him the way I do. That isn't grace. I need to let go of that attitude completely.

I guess what has kept me from my own Church is fear. Fear that this message may not really be true, but that I am giving myself to it so that I have an excuse to be lazy. I know that isn't true, but I want to let those hurts and fears go. I want to forgive and show grace and love to those who just haven't received the revelation yet. I am no more spiritual or saved than my other brothers and sisters.

I pray that God would cause me to walk in freedom and love for my family in Christ. I'm sick of this cynical, proud attitude I get whenever I listen to another Christian speak. I just need to allow the Spirit to brush aside error, gracefully, in love.

I know we pick on the Pharisees and say Jesus rebuked them strongly, and I do believe there is a place for rebuke and correction, but I believe that for our brothers and sisters who don't "get it", we are to be kind and gentle with them. We are to love them and show them the grace that has been revealed to us.

I pray that none of us would be puffed up in our hearts against each other, but that we would speak the truth in love and sincerity of heart, fully assured that the grace we speak of is true.

1 comment:

lydia said...

You are such a love, lil bro!!! Bless you!! I hear your heart!! I want to be bold as a lion and as gentle as a lamb at the same time. I think that's how Jesus is. Try not to beat up on yourself too much. I think as we ripen into who we are, we will grow in the right balance of how to share grace with others. I think it's safe to say we can just give the law to the pharisees and leave it at that. Cause the law ain't done with them yet. We can also remember we were once there too!! But it certainly does hurt our hearts and prick our spirits when the Gospel is maligned.
Just rest in Him, He hears your heart and he will bring about the shifts in you that need to be addressed - he leads us into all truth.