Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last night I left for the Bank of America that is just up the road from where I live.

As I was coming up into town, I saw a lot of flashing lights from a firetruck, some cop cars, and ambulances. As I drove past, I saw that a small car had gotten t-boned by an SUV. The whole side of the car was crushed in. I knew someone was seriously hurt or even killed.

Waking up this morning, I found out that the driver was a woman and she was killed in the accident.

When you witness something yourself, for some reason it makes it real. When I see things broadcast on television from overseas or even in another county, the reality of it doesn't have it's full effect on me. I see it and understand it, but it doesn't impact my emotions. Sorry to sound like that, but it's true.

I used to try and muster up feelings of emotion for things I saw on the news since I felt a Christian should be emotionally stirred by everything sorrowful, and if not, I felt guilty that I didn't.

The lesson? I am not the Savior.

No comments: