Saturday, November 24, 2007

Craving God

It can be very difficult at times to be in love with God. There are intense moments where I can't find anything on earth to satisfy this craving I have inside of me for God. I try to think of things to do in order to experience Him tangibly. I can't think of anything to numb the craving or satisfy it. I understand C.S. Lewis' saying that if we desire something that this world doesn't offer us, obviously we are not of this world.

I find it much more fulfilling if I simply rest in Him. But slowing myself down in order to soak in Him is a job. I want everything at once. In my inner being, I am eagerly waiting for Jesus to return.

"What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him".

How much longer must we wait!?

No comments: