Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today was one of those spiritual ADD days for me where I wanted to seek God, but my flesh wanted other pursuits.

It started because I had a dream about someone and then I couldn't quit thinking about that person all day. The dream was weird because in the dream I was in love with this person all over again and that feeling came into my day after I woke up. Weird? Yeah.

Sometimes I just want to leave this body as it doesn't feel the things I want it to feel. I want my Father to be the only desire I have, but there are sinful desires in my body "waging war with the law of my mind".

It will be an amazing feeling when we will have no more feelings of pride, lust, anger, jealousy and fear. What will it feel like? I can't imagine. Perfect peace, perfect love, perfect joy. Of course I don't want to just sit back and wait to die or wait for Jesus' return. But at times the sinful desires are just so heavy and weigh you down that you need to just rest and renew your mind on who God is.

No comments: