Saturday, October 25, 2008

Keep Believing!!!

God is my Daddy through Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. There is nothing I can do that can cause Him to be angry with me. Jesus embraced ALL of God's wrath for me. He is my shield and my sword. He is my life and my everything. He is wonderful and all together beautiful and absolutely insane with His love. I don't have to do anything.

"And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him, If indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the GOSPEL (AWESOME NEWS!) that you heard."

People use this as a condemning verse. Oh no, please, anything but making me believe the wonderful news of the Gospel!! (sense my sarcasm?) Please don't make me bear the burden of believing God has taken away my sins forever through Jesus' Cross!! I am only saved if I don't shift from this wonderful hope, not returning to self-effort. Haha.. Threaten me with grace!!! I LOVE IT!! BRING IT ON!!! The more grace the better!!! I will allow Him to love me forever. Even when it hurts and makes me feel like a dirty beggar.

No comments: