Sunday, June 21, 2009

Incorruptible Love

I always say, and rightfully so, that our salvation is not based on our commitment to God but his commitment to us.

But I do believe there is a commitment we ourselves make to God when we come to Jesus Christ. I'm still not quite sure what that commitment really is, but it is there.

It is the commitment of myself to bring my life into alignment with the truth that Jesus Christ is Lord and he has died on the cross for my sins and has been raised from the dead. I don't think there is such a thing as someone saying, "I believe Jesus died for my sins" yet showing absolutely no interest in God. That is totally foreign to the Scriptures. There is no such thing of such a 'faith'.

Faith is the ruthless commitment to believing Jesus is Lord and he alone. When push comes to shuv, I confess Jesus as Lord. Faith ruthlessly and dangerously believes in the finished work of Jesus Christ even if it means martyrdom. Jesus is the King.

That is the ways it is and I feel no embarrassment about it.

The heart of it is love. Even when you do not feel it, it is there if you are a believer. It is the yearning of the soul that leaps inside you in rebellion against any man who dares exalt himself above your Jesus. It is having the attitude of 'Give me Jesus or give me death.'

This world has nothing to offer me. The only One who satisfies my soul is God. I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

"Whoever loves his life in this world will lose it".

No comments: