Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Faith that Overcomes

This is in relation to my previous post Incorruptible Love.

I think the point is this: Accepting the Gospel is not some hobby to take up. It isn't real to simply say, "Yes, I believe Jesus died for my sins." Prove you believe. There is no such thing as a passively indifferent faith.

It is completely entrusting ones life to Jesus. As I said before, if it means dying, I will continue in faith. Following the Lamb where ever he goes, as far as my understanding goes, means believing the Gospel no matter the cost, even if it costs me my life. In America, we probably don't have to worry about that sort of persecution, but if need be, we must follow Jesus where ever he goes.

I think making following Jesus into how good we behave may be wrong. Who can behave well enough? Yet in Revelation, it says that the Church follows the Lamb where ever he goes. That, I think, can only mean that they persevere in their faith to the very end. "To the one who conquers". The Saints who conquered are those who continue to believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ even to the point of of being killed. They hold on to the end, no matter the end.

"They loved not their lives even to death."

Now I know in the grace community, we can easily get the idea, "My Father doesn't want me killed." He desires you to have faith in his Son to the very end. He desires that you conquer and overcome just as Jesus did. Faith is the only thing that pleases him. Faith in Jesus.

"If he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him."

"But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but those who have faith and save their souls."

1 comment:

Hari said...

Remain faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life Revelation 2-10

thanks for sharing