Friday, April 24, 2009

Korn - Blind

This sounds like what Martin Luther had experienced before his amazing discovery of grace. He had to become so lost, hopeless and utterly desperate in his blindness before the light of the glory of Christ could shine on him.

It is the same with all of us who have come to see the grace of God in truth.

"This place inside my mind, a place I like to hide
You don't know the chances, what if I should die?
(A place inside my brain, another)
Kind of pain)
You don't know the chances, I'm so blind
Blind, blind

Another place I find, to escape the pain inside
You don't know the chances, what if I should die?
(A place inside my brain, another
Another kind of pain)
You don't know the chances, I'm so blind
Blind, blind

Deeper and deeper and deeper as I journey to
Live a life that seems to be
A lost reality
That can never find a way to reach my inner
Self esteem is low, how deep can I go, in the ground that I lay?
If I don't find a way to, see through the gray that clouds my mind
This time I look to see what's between the lines"

I don't post the actual video as I don't want to scare anyone, but I thought the lyrics to the song were very meaningful. Usually, before I can acquire a taste for a certain song, I need to know the meaning.

"For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind."

No comments: