Thursday, March 15, 2007

"Let all within us, praise His holy name."

Not much going on today. Ronnie and I are suppose to hang out tonight. I always look forward to that. He is such a wonderful friend and brother. I couldn't have asked for a better brother in Christ.

I'm plugged into the ipod. Could you have guessed? I'm really starting to dig classical more and more. Mostly because I can read and listen at the same time. I can't have lyrics in music and read at the same time. I've had the song "Now We Are Free" from the movie Gladiator playing heavily lately. I've never seen the movie and after hearing the song, I'm kind of afraid to watch it because I don't want it to mess up the song. The song, for some strange reason, reminds me of the apostle Paul. Not sure why..Must be the whole Roman influence. It's beautiful.

Other than that, I've just been cleaning and reading more of the Old Testament. 1 Kings actually..God has put a desire in my heart for it. I've read the New testament over and over, so this is a good learning experience and very interesting seeing Old Testament prophecies connect so well with Jesus. Also, a few things I had heard but never knew the extent of..Like how rich and wise God had made Solomon. Crazy stuff. You also get a sense of exactly how much mercy Jesus brought, reading the OT. Those guys before Jesus had it hard..It really makes you cling to Jesus at times when reading it. It is scary without Jesus.

God is amazing and is working on me always. I love Him and my brothers and sisters He has given me in Jesus so much. I adore them all. I adore God.

No comments: