Friday, March 30, 2007

Tower of refuge and strength.

I am learning spiritual discipline is a wonderful thing. Just taking a few minutes to settle my mind, focus on God and pray. Even if I am not in prayer, focusing on Him to clear my mind of the world keeps me in the Spirit. I can have strength to live everyday for Christ if I go to Him for strength genuinely and not out of a mind that says "I have to do this to earn God's favor". But if I go to God with a pure heart and a heart that wants to obey Him no matter how much it hurts or no matter how many times I fail and need to be whacked on the head, He will strengthen me, comfort me and give me peace that passes understanding. The peace that passes understanding, I've learned, is just that. It makes no sense. I have gone to God in prayer about doubts and worry and have this peace after a few minutes of talking. Nothing was said about the problem in my ears, but comfort was spoken into my very soul and I was able to rest and to be glad and loving. He is, indeed our "Tower of refuge and strength".


"Those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like the eagles. They will run and not grow weary."


The living Word of God is true. You start to see evidence of what is written in God's Word in your own life, thus strengthening your faith. What a wonderful God we have. He is infinite in beauty, power and mercy. Just receive Him and His grace. He will indeed be your sufficiency.


EDIT: I noticed the last part of this post looks very much like a devotional...It wasn't on purpose.

No comments: