Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Love is a characteristic of life. God is life.

I was reading John again today. I never get tired of reading John. Never.

I was reading part of chapter 8, 9 and 10. I particularly love chapter 10 when Jesus likens us to sheep and He the Good Shepherd. It really made me realize, in chapter 9 that, had we actually lived in Jesus' time, He would have probably came off as crazy to us had we not seen the signs He did. I love the story of Him healing the beggar born blind. The guy was willing to believe what Jesus says because of the love Jesus had shown to him. In the same way, It has been impressed on me that the more I love Jesus, the more I will trust Him and the more I will obey Him. Love is all encompassing. Love for Christ produces trust, (which is needed to be saved) obedience and love for all people. Because Jesus commanded that we love our neighbors as ourselves. It is all about relationship. Not about following laws or regulations. It is about growing in a loving knowledge of Jesus.

No comments: