Sunday, June 10, 2007

standing firm

I see how our minds are easily swept away by philosophy and simply focusing too much on bearing fruit, rather than on Jesus Christ.

My mind gets loaded down with unheard and unseen lies and if I don't watch myself, I so easily veer off the the course of grace. I felt I needed to write to explain things to myself. I feel these unheard accusations in myself.."You're not reading the Bible enough, you're not praying enough, you've lost discipline, you need to go back to fear and rules", and on and on they go. But I told God in prayer today that I am not moving from grace unless He pushes me out of it. I am standing my ground, not moving. I refuse to try to add one single thing to the cross of Jesus Christ. I refuse to receive the kingdom of God any other way. I refuse to earn it, I refuse to believe that God will allow me to be lost. If I am not saved by trusting in Christ alone, then I don't want to be saved. Any other gospel is no gospel at all, but rather bondage. I will not allow myself to think that I need to do anything but trust in the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior of the world.

Jesus is my Savior, and I need add nothing to His sufficient work on the cross. He is my salvation, my sanctification, and my redemption.

No comments: